05 noviembre 2011

Alf Prøysens barnesanger

Alf Prøysens Barnesanger (Alf Prøysen children's songs) are a group of 9 animated shortfilms made by the norwegian company Sandnes Media. They started in 1999 with ' Bolla Pinnsvin' (Bolla the hedgehog), and now, 12 years later, they collected all the films for a DVD release, 'Musevisa og åtte andre Prøysenklassikere'. The release of this DVD is the 9th of November, and you can buy it here.

Alf Prøysen (23 July 1914 - 23 November 1970), was a writer and musician from Norway. Prøysen was one of the most important cultural personalities in the second half of the twentieth century, and he made significant contributions to literature, music, TV and radio.


I haven't seen all the films, only 5, but I can say that are high quality films, some years have passed since the last time I saw a good animated product. the backgrounds, animation, etc. ....  especially one film named 'Helene harefrøken'. For a moment I thought I was watching Disney animation, from the 'Nine old men' era.

Some backgrounds





The animation is ' digitally hand draw' they used TVPaint software. I add an extract about how they work. HERE you can read the complete article.


When I start out animating a scene, I start with some of my initial sketches. They're very rough, made with a thick brush in TVP. The background-artist has made some layout-ideas, maybe even sketched the whole thing in rough colours. So, the layout goes into TVP as a layer at the back. Then, all of the sketches are put on top of it, just to collect the ideas.

The blue pencil is my favourite sketch tool. I'll make it a bit bigger than just 2 px, and start roughing out my scene. The scene is then playable,- it's easy to play the blue sketches and get an idea. The little "flip" function works great,- you can flip the last drawings like you would with sheets of paper. The blue sketch can easily be removed later.

We're all drawing on Wacom Cintiqs. It's great to draw directly onto the screen. Also, the buttons at each side of the cintiq are incredibly valuable to the workflow. I have attached the most useful functions to the buttons: scroll, zoom, next instance, next frame, previous frames and instances and the "move" tool. That way, I never use the keyboard. I'm drawing with both hands on the table, like I would with my original drawing desk.




Some videos








Background art by Ingebjørg Faugstad Mæland

All images and videos are © Sandnes Media as

No hay comentarios: